Assessment in Counselling & Psychotherapy
A 1-day workshop for anyone working in the helping professions who are assisting others in distress or in the pursuit of self understanding: teachers, social workers, nurses, care workers.
Is this Workshop for you?
The Workshop is primarily geared to the 1:1 alliance that Qualified or Trainee Counsellors & Psychotherapists engage in.
- You will need to be at least 21 years of age
- You will need to be working in one of the above listed professions
The workshop covers all aspects of the Assessment process for safely engaging in 1:1 work with clients; especially in relation to psychotherapeutic work with clients However, the issues we explore will also be of interest to anyone who assesses others in any helping capacity. The Workshop will specifically explore:
- Risk Assessment
- Mental Health Issues in Assessment
- How to conduct an effective assessment
- What questions to ask when making an assessment
- Which issues and problems are cause for concern
- Ethical Referral on assessment
- Assessing you limitation to work with certain clients
Certification of CPD hours
When is the next Workshop
How much does the Workshop cost?
The Workshop costs 70.00.
£50 for existing LC&CTA students
Please send all completed forms (together with payment where appropriate) to:
Chris Brown MA MBACP (Accred)
15-16 Deptford Broadway,
London SE8 4PA
If you have any queries, please call or email and will be pleased to help.